PVC foam board
A PVC foam board is also popularly called a foam board. But what is this type of PVC made of? A PVC foam board consists of a hard foam core, which is laminated on both sides. Where a PVC solid plate has a density of approximately 1.45 g/cm³, a PVC foam plate or Forex has a density of only 0.6 g/cm³. This means that a 1000x1000x5mm solid PVC plate weighs 7.25 kg, and a PVC foam plate only 3 kg. The foamed version thus weighs less than half.
From displays to insulation material
PVC foam sheets are very versatile, which makes them suitable for a wide range of applications. Think of displays, signs for signposting, information and advertising, or as a printed photo on the wall. But also for wall and ceiling cladding, various interior & design applications, shop window and shop fitting and much more. In addition, the foamed structure and excellent insulation value make the sheets ideal for use as insulation material.
Available in different sizes
Our Forex sheets are available in different lengths, widths and thicknesses. Standard sizes of Forex sheets are 3050×1220, 3050×1500 and 3050×2000. The thicknesses vary from 1 to 19 mm. You can also contact us if you are looking for a PVC foam sheet with a thickness of 10mm. We also have PVC foam plates in various colours and white foamed PVC with a black core in stock.
In the colour of your choice
We already told you that foamed PVC sheets are available in different sizes. However, in addition to white, you also have the choice of a number of other colours. The sheets are uniformly coloured right down to the core. You can choose between the colours blue, grey, light grey and black. Of course, it is also possible to choose a white variant. We leave that entirely up to you.
General properties of foamed PVC sheet
- Hard cardboard, tough to brittle, foamed cell structure on the side.
- The most common colour is white, with a glossy or matt surface.
- The material is self-extinguishing.
- PVC foam boards are easy to process and weigh only half as much as ordinary PVC boards.
- To a limited extent, it can be cold folded.
Moisture & weather resistant
- PVC foam board is UV-stabilised and can therefore be used outdoors. Only the coloured quality can discolour under the influence of the sun.
- The boards can be used in all weathers for various applications. The closed cell structure excludes the formation of mould.
- Deformations may occur in full sunlight, especially with thinner sheet thicknesses.
Discover the advantages of PVC foam boards
PVC foam sheets are:
- Light, rigid & moisture-resistant;
- Stays in shape & durable;
- Optimal ink adhesion and colour fastness;
- Highly suitable for screen and digital printing;
- Suitable for both indoor and outdoor applications;
- Good hot formability;
- Highly flammable and self-extinguishing;
- Easy to process (decoupage, punching, sawing, drilling, milling, welding, gluing, screwing and stapling);
- Easy to process (laminating, lacquering);
- Short to medium outdoor exposure times.
What are the applications of a PVC foam board?
As already emphasised, PVC foam boards are suitable for a wide range of applications. You can use it as a cladding for walls and ceilings, as a basis for signs and advertisements, various interior & design applications, shopfitting, indoor signage and much more.
Want to buy PVC foam board?
Are you convinced of the advantages offered by a PVC foam board (FOREX®, VEKA®, VIKUPOR®)? Choose the colour, length and width you want and place your order! Would you first like a offer Tailor-made or request more information? Of course you can. For more information, please feel free to contact form with us.